Use our exclusive Direct Car Excess Insurance discount code to get 20% off all orders. Direct Car Excess Insurance offers a wide selection of covers ensuring that any problem you might have after renting a car is not ONLY YOUR problem.
Looking for similar services? Check out By Miles, a car insurance company, and get a £20 credit with our By Miles referral promo code.
How to use your Direct Car Excess Insurance discount code
- To get your Direct Car Excess Insurance promotional code, click on the 'Get Code' button. Copy the code and proceed to the Direct Car Excess Insurance website.
- Fill in all the required information (country of residence, policy type, territory you're travelling to, etc) and click on the 'Get Quote' button below.
- Choose a country and city you're travelling to from the drop-down menu, enter the driver's name and age, and answer a few questions about the driver. Click on the 'Continue' button below.
- Fill in all the required information about the policyholder, and click on the 'Proceed to Checkout' button below.
- Paste your Direct Car Excess Insurance discount code in the empty field below, and click on the 'Apply' button next to it. Once your discount is applied, click on the 'Make Payment' button below.
- Enter your card details, and click on the 'Pay' button below.
About Direct Car Excess Insurance
Direct Car Excess Insurance is a car insurance company that offers covers that suit all car rental insurance needs. Both Single Trip and Annual Multi-Trip excess insurance covers are available. You can choose from a range of policies covering countries across the world.
What is a car hire excess?
When you hire a car, insurance usually includes CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and LDW (Loss Damage Waiver). If the car you hired gets damaged or lost, you'll be required to pay part of the costs - excess, to the car hire company. There are also some costs that are often excluded from insurance and will be entirely your responsibility.
What does it cover?
If a car you hired gets stolen or damaged whilst in your possession, you'll have to pay a large excess (usually between £1,000 and £2,000) to a car hire company. With a Direct Car Excess Insurance cover, you'll be reimbursed up to £6,000 per claim. Direct Car Excess insurance can be used with all car hire companies.It covers damage to the windscreen, undercarriage, and tyres, as well as theft of secured baggage and rental key replacement costs. Insured drivers must be between 21 and 85 years old, and the price is the same regardless of their age.
What is not covered?
Even if you pay for a Direct Car Excess Insurance, you'll still have to purchase car hire insurance from your car hire company. Certain vehicle types (listed in the policy document and FAQ) aren't covered, as well as travelling to any of the countries where the Foreign Office has warned against all but essential travel. Drive Car Excess Insurance doesn't cover electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
Direct Car Excess Insurance reviews
Based on 1,697 customer reviews, Direct Car Excess Insurance has a TrustScore of 4.6/5 and is rated as excellent.
See the deal provider's website for terms & conditions